Are you a new Volunteer that will be helping us at a Girl Scout event? Do you plan to be Cookie Manager, a Troop Leader or will you volunteer your time to help with a Girl Scout series? As Girl Scouts of Nassau County volunteer, we want to help you be prepared to work with girls, keep them safe and lead them to Discover, Connect and Take Action to make the world a better place!
There are two required trainings for all new Girl Scout Volunteers:
1. Welcome to Girl Scouts of Nassau County - this online course gives you an overview of our organization, the history, governance process and resources available to you.
2. Girl Scouting 101 is a Girl Scouts of the USA course. It is a 45 minute self-paced online orientation to Girl Scouting. This course will give you all the basics about Girl Scouting including; different ways to participate as a volunteer, what Girl Scouts do, Safety Standards, Girl Scout Cookie program, and more! To get started simply click on this link and remember to enter Nassau County as your Girl Scout Council when prompted!
The following course is optional but highly recommended for all new Daisy, Brownie & Junior Leaders and those bridging up to the next level.
Quick Start for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Leaders Girl Scouts of the USA has developed "10 Essential Elements" for creating a high quality and fun-filled experience for girls in Troops. This link brings Leaders to a toolkit of resources that will guide you along the Girl Scout Leadership Experience!!
Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC) also offers additional trainings for Girl Scout Volunteers:
The Journeys Just Got Easier!
Would you like an easier method to complete a Journey that takes all of the planning off your plate?
This session will demonstrate Daisy – Cadette Journey kits that come complete with easy to follow sessions, references to your Journey book, projects to complete along the way, team building activities and meeting preparation guides. The Journey kits also include all of the supplies you will need to complete your Journey with your Troop*
These kits are not available to purchase in the GS shop!
*Journey kits do not include GSUSA Journey books or awards; these are purchased separately from our shop. (You will be able to purchase books & awards at this session).
Sign up to attend this informational session, bring your Troop checkbook or debit card to pick up your Journey kit, books, and awards while you are here!
For Girl Scouts of Nassau County registered Daisy - Cadette Leaders
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
7:00pm – 8:30pm
Girl Scouts of Nassau County Service Center
110 Ring Road West, Garden City, N.Y. 11530
1. Jump Into Journeys - Would you like an overview of the Journeys? Meet with other Leaders and hear what has worked best for them? Learn about how to use the Journeys and incorporate the Girl Scout Leadership Experience?
Sign up below for this two hour workshop!
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
6:45pm - 8:45pm
Rockville Centre Library
211 N Village Avenue
Rockville Centre, N.Y. 11570
2. Getting Started With Your Troop. Are You a New Leader that could use some help getting your Troop started? Have questions about opening a bank account, getting the parents involved and what to charge for dues? Then take a look at this webinar!
3. Volunteering for Girl Scout Series and Events. Orientation for short term series and event volunteers called Volunteering for Girl Scout Series and Events is now available!
4. Planning a Trip? Plan your trip using "GSUSA's Safety Activity Checkpoints". The checkpoints will help you and your Troop members plan your adventures! Just click on the link and go directly to the activity that you are planning!
One additional and very useful resource for all volunteers working with girls is Volunteer Essentials. This resource reviews important topics related to safety, managing money, planning trips and working with girls of all ages.
5. Other resources that might be helpful to you include: