Are You Interested in Becoming a Girl Scout Volunteer?
Who has the opportunity to become a Girl Scouts of Nassau County Adult Volunteer? People like you who wish to share their time and talent to help girls grow strong through the Girl Scout Movement.
You can work with girls directly, volunteer for one of our short term programs or events, or volunteer with the "operations" at the Service Center, helping to make our programs exciting, timeless, and fun for girls of all ages. Read the descriptions below for some of the volunteer options!
As a adult volunteer, you can:
- Provide Direct Service to Girls - typically this is Troop Leadership
- Other support to girls - examples include; short term program delivery, volunteer at special events, Membership Organizer, Individual Girl Coordinator
- Community Partnership - establishing partnerships between local community organizations and Girl Scouts.
- Fund Raising - working with our Fund Development Department to raise funding for programs and services.
- Marketing - volunteering with the GSNC Marketing Department
- Sales / Shop - Get involved in Fall Product and Cookie sales or work in our Girl Scout shop
- Outdoor activities / camping - volunteering at a Girl Scout camp or outdoor event
- Facilitator - workshop facilitator for training girls or adults
- Technology - web site / social media development and maintenance
- Governance - volunteer to be on our Board of Directors, Association or Council Nominating Committee, or as an Association Delegate.
- Office / clerical work - volunteer in our office doing data entry, filing and phone calls
Join the more than 5,000 adults in our Council who contribute their time, energy, and enthusiasm to Girl Scouting. It's challenging, worthwhile and fun!
Would you like to learn more about volunteer opportunities at GSNC? Please call our Volunteer Information Line at (516) 741-2550, press the * key on your phone then 222, or fill out the form below. Our Hispanic contact number is (516)-741-2550 x106. Once you have completed the form, someone from GSNC will reach out to you.